June 1, 2020
We would like to express our sorrow for those who have lost their lives to the novel coronavirus and extend our deepest sympathy to their families. We also offer our heartfelt prayers for the hastened recovery of those who have contracted the virus and those who are struggling with difficult circumstances, even if it is only faster by one day.
Fujikura Ltd. (President: Masahiko Ito) implemented telecommuting as the general rule for all employees (except for employees on manufacturing lines) at all company locations in the prefectures under special precautions as part of our response to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. We are hereby providing notice that Fujikura ended the policy of telecommuting as the general rule on May 31 after the government rescinded the Declaration of a State of Emergency on May 25.
The company will increase the number of employees coming in to work gradually. However, until there is at least a vaccine or therapeutic drug widely available, we will continue to recommend and actively promote telecommuting and other new workstyles while keeping the number of employees coming in to work at no greater than 50%. In addition to this, we will maintain or strengthen the level of infection prevention measures implemented thus far in an effort to avoid creating an environment that poses a high risk of transmission, and will strive to implement these measures while ensuring business continuity.
* Some divisions will continue to automatically forward calls to the cell phone of the person responsible for external telephone calls along with recommending telecommuting. Please be aware in advance that we are also using Web conferencing or conference call systems as the main method of meeting with customers and others outside of the company.
We ask for the understanding and cooperation of our customers and other stakeholders.
<For Reference> Main Measures to Prevent the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
- ・Health management (Conscientious management of physical condition by taking temperatures, etc., strict enforcement of mask wearing, disinfection with alcohol, handwashing, and other measures)
- ・Recommendation of telecommuting and staggered work hours<
- ・Ensuring social distancing in the workplaces (positioning of chairs and spreading out work areas to prevent transmission through droplets, etc.)<
- ・Holding internal meetings with few participants (50% or less of meeting room seating capacity)<
- ・Use of Web conferencing and conference calls for internal meetings and to meet with customers and others outside of the company<
- ・Voluntarily refraining from domestic business trips that are not necessary or urgent<
- ・Prohibition on overseas business trips in principle<
- ・Considering implementation of alternating shifts, spreading out break areas, and taking other steps to disperse personnel in manufacturing divisions<
- ・Taking the temperature of all who enter a facility<