Fujikura Gakuen
Corporate Profile and CSR initiatives
The Environment
Consumer Issues
Human Rights and Labor Practices
Community Involvement and Development
Organizational Governance
Fair Operating Practices
CSR Report
CSR Report (HTML)
Group's Social Contribution Activities

CSR

Fujikura Gakuen

Oshima Fujikura memorial
History of Contributions to Fujikura Gakuen Construction of “Oshima Fujikura Gakuen” in Izu Oshima as part of 120th anniversary projects
Visiting Fujikura Gakuen
Social Welfare Corporation Fujikura Gakuen
Established in :June 1919
President :Kazuhiko Ohashi
Description of business :Facility for people with mental disabilities (Oshima Fujikura Gakuen)
Facility for the children with mental disabilities (Tama Fujikura Gakuen)
History
June 1919
Fujikura Gakuen (judicial foundation) was founded. (anniversary date of founding June 7, 1919)
Harukichi Nakauchi, a board member of Fujikura Electric Wire Corporation., donated a sum of ¥230,000 and land of about 100,000 m2 to Teijiro Kawada who then established the foundation.
May 1952
A judicial foundation, Fujikura Gakuen was reorganized into the social welfare corporation Fujikura Gakuen under the Social Welfare Service Law.
(Authorized as a judicial person: May 17, 1952, Registered: May 29, 1952)
January 1958
Tama Fujikura Gakuen was established at 1230, Miyamacho, Hachioji City and given authorization. Director Hitoko Kawada assumed the office of president. (January 23, 1958)
Along with the above, the name of the facility at Oshima was changed to Oshima Fujikura Gakuen.